How to Grow a Flower Garden from Seed - 7th March 2024 - SOLD OUT
7th March 2024, 6 pm - 8 pm (arrive from 5.45 pm for a prompt start)
We Sell By The Sea, 69 High Street, Whitstable, Kent, CT5 1AY
Growing from seed is the most rewarding and inexpensive way to fill your garden with flowers. In this interactive workshop, you will learn how to grow a flourishing flower garden from seed.
There will be opportunities to look at different types of seeds and seed-sowing kit, practice sowing techniques and ask questions. Dan will have a range of seeds, accessories and tools available to buy on the evening, so you can get sowing and growing straight away!
The workshop is suitable for complete novices (never sown a seed) and advanced beginners (can grow sunflowers, beans and cosmos, now ready to conquer the world!)
Click 'Product Details' for an outline of the workshop's content and cancellation policy.
I aim to pick and pack your order within 24 hours of receipt and you should expect your parcel to arrive within 3–5 working days under normal circumstances. Orders placed on a Friday may not be sent until the following Monday. All delivery charges are calculated and displayed at the checkout.
- If your order can safely be sent in an envelope or small packet, it will be sent by Royal Mail with no requirement for a signature on delivery. Royal Mail parcels are not sent via a tracked service.
- Larger orders will be sent either with Royal Mail or FedEx depending on weight and contents. Tracking will be provided for deliveries sent via FedEx.
- Large or heavy items will be sent via FedEx or an equivalent courier with tracking provided.
- For deliveries to Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands and international addresses, please drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org letting me know where you are in the world and what you'd like to purchase. I will check the items are allowed to be shipped to your location and get a cost for your approval.
Should you need to return an item, drop me a line at email@example.com within 14 days of receiving your purchase, providing your name, order number and the reason for your return. I will let you know how to return your item.
Please visit my Delivery & Returns page for more detailed information.
In this workshop, Dan will explain:
- How, when and where to sow different flower seeds.
- The kit you need, including tools, containers and compost.
- How to handle and care for your seedlings once they've germinated.
- How to avoid pests and diseases.
- How to plan a succession of flowers for your garden.
- Seeds you can sow now for flowers and foliage in summer and autumn.
- How to buy, prepare, store and collect your seeds.
The workshop is peat and chemical-free, and Dan will share tips on gardening more sustainably and cost-effectively.
If you have any questions about this workshop, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment & Cancellation
Full payment is taken for workshops at the time of booking, and as long as there are places left, bookings can be made up to 24 hours in advance of the workshop beginning.
If your circumstances change, or something crops up and you cannot attend, you are welcome to send someone to the workshop in your place: please let Dan know who is coming by emailing email@example.com. If other workshops are planned, we may be able to transfer you to an alternative date, but we do not offer refunds.
If we have to cancel a workshop, you will be given at least 24 hours' notice and offered a transfer to another date or a full refund - the choice is yours, and we hope it never happens!