Piccolo seeds - Nigella 'Black Cumin'
Nigella, also known as black cumin, is an annual flowering plant native to Asia and the Middle East. Its wispy blue flowers look stunning in any garden, and if you can resist picking the delicate blooms, the seed pods that develop from the flowers are equally glorious. The seeds are the edible part of the plant and are widely used in Indian, Middle Eastern and Slavic cooking for their strong aroma and spicy taste. If you ever enjoyed Turkish bread and wondered what the tasty little black seed on top of it was, it’s Nigella.
- Contains approx. 100 seeds
- Hardy annual
- Sow April-September outdoors
- Open-pollinated seed
- Sourced from Italy
- Plastic-free, recyclable packaging
If you need help growing from seed, you'll find my expert guide here.
I aim to pick and pack your order within 24 hours of receipt and you should expect your parcel to arrive within 3–5 working days under normal circumstances. Orders placed on a Friday may not be sent until the following Monday. All delivery charges are calculated and displayed at the checkout.
- If your order can safely be sent in an envelope or small packet, it will be sent by Royal Mail with no requirement for a signature on delivery. Royal Mail parcels are not sent via a tracked service.
- Larger orders will be sent either with Royal Mail or FedEx depending on weight and contents. Tracking will be provided for deliveries sent via FedEx.
- Large or heavy items will be sent via FedEx or an equivalent courier with tracking provided.
- For deliveries to Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands and international addresses, please drop me a line at email@example.com letting me know where you are in the world and what you'd like to purchase. I will check the items are allowed to be shipped to your location and get a cost for your approval.
Should you need to return an item, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of receiving your purchase, providing your name, order number and the reason for your return. I will let you know how to return your item.
Please visit my Delivery & Returns page for more detailed information.