PICCOLO SEEDS - Cape Gooseberry
Cape Gooseberry is a Brazilian native related to tomatoes. Its delicious yellow-orange fruit, wrapped inside its distinctive paper lantern, can be likened to a sweet cherry tomato with a sour cranberry note. Its complex flavour was enough to capture the interest of an English pastry chef in 18th century England, who grew the plant after it was imported from the New World. Cape Gooseberry plants are very easy to grow in pots and require little maintenance. They will seed themselves in sunny, frost-free spots.
- Contains approx. 125 seeds
- Annual or tender perennial, best suited to warm, sheltered places
- Sow February-March indoors, April-May outdoors
- Open-pollinated seed
- Sourced from Italy
- Plastic-free, recyclable packaging
If you need help growing from seed, you'll find my expert guide here.
I aim to pick and pack your order within 24 hours of receipt and you should expect your parcel to arrive within 3–5 working days under normal circumstances. Orders placed on a Friday may not be sent until the following Monday. All delivery charges are calculated and displayed at the checkout.
- If your order can safely be sent in an envelope or small packet, it will be sent by Royal Mail with no requirement for a signature on delivery. Royal Mail parcels are not sent via a tracked service.
- Larger orders will be sent either with Royal Mail or FedEx depending on weight and contents. Tracking will be provided for deliveries sent via FedEx.
- Large or heavy items will be sent via FedEx or an equivalent courier with tracking provided.
- For deliveries to Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands and international addresses, please drop me a line at email@example.com letting me know where you are in the world and what you'd like to purchase. I will check the items are allowed to be shipped to your location and get a cost for your approval.
Should you need to return an item, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of receiving your purchase, providing your name, order number and the reason for your return. I will let you know how to return your item.
Please visit my Delivery & Returns page for more detailed information.